Wow. Spacious rooms with ensuite bathrooms and air-conditioning? What gives?
Our Wombat’s City Hostel is a former four-star hotel that we have transformed into the hostel of choice in all of Budapest, thanks to our signature style.
What remains is ample space for 26 private rooms and 86 dormitories – as well as generous common areas. You will find yourself in the largest hostel in town, quite possibly the one with the best location as well.
Wombat's City Hostel Budapest is found right in the center on Király Street next to the old Jewish quarter, with the bustling streets, ruin pubs and fancy restaurants this area is famous for all on your doorstep.
If you don't make it that “far” – the Langos place just next door is as good as it is cheap.
The State Opera, Synagogue, Heroes Square, Academy of Music, Chain Bridge, Liszt-Ferenc-Square (with its elegant Cafes and Restaurants) as well as access to the most important shopping streets are easily accessible by foot.
The picturesque old town and the UNESCO Heritage Site-listed Andrassy Boulevard, affectionately known as Budapest's Champs-Élysées are also right around the corner.
By night, our neighborhood turns into a party hotspot. The ruin pub on Kazinscy Utca gives curious travelers a taste of these artsy and unique drinking places.
Only a five minute walk away you will find metro station Deák Ferenc Tér, where three metro lines and several bus- and tram lines connect.
Also accessible from here are the most important train stations Keleti and Nyugati, the bus terminal Nepliget and the airport are all easily.
Included as always - our Wombat's basics:
- our own Wombat's city maps
- the womBAR for never-ending parties & WomDollar discount on your drinks (currently limited operations)
- a guest kitchen open to all who want to cater to their own culinary needs
- 24/7 Reception
- safe luggage storage
- rentables (towels, umbrellas, hairdryers, adapters: everything an avid traveler could possibly need)
- coin-operated laundry facilities (washing and crying ... oops, sorry about the typo, of course we mean drying), so you can re-vitalize your clothes ;)
Our famous Tasty Brekkie buffet ensures you have enough energy for your exciting day in Budapest. You can buy your tickets for a small fee at reception.
(Minimum age: 18.)